The American Heart Association now offers the Healthcare Provider course online. It’s easy – You go to the AHA training website and complete part one and then schedule a skills check with Advantage CPR!
FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
Students can earn or renew their provider card in three easy steps:
1.Complete the cognitive computer-based portion (Part 1).
2.Complete skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with Advantage CPR Instruction.
3.Receive an official AHA BLS Provider course completion card.
Below are some of the key features and benefits of this course:
- Includes 5 (five) case-based scenario exercises, interactive activities, videos and a written test
- Certificate of completion available to print when Part 1 has been completed successfully
- Progress bar at top of course screen and check-mark icons next to each exercise indicate students’ progress through course
- Course features tool for taking and referencing notes
- Course includes audio/video
- “Drag and drop” tool reinforces steps and sequences
- Accordion-style content navigation allows for less scrolling
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs
- Settings allow user to turn on and off “Video Autoplay”
- Navigation controls allow user to move easily through content
- Available to providers at their convenience – anytime, anywhere
- Improves BLS skills by providing instant, objective feedback and evaluation through intelligent debriefing that reviews the student’s patient interventions and provides suggestions for improvement
- Helps maintain a high level of professional competency and standardization
- May help reduce costs associated with training
- Self-paced instruction accommodates different learning styles
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card – Adult/pediatric algorithms
- Summary of steps
- 1-2 rescuer Adult BLS (with AED) skills testing sheet o 1-2 rescuer Infant BLS skills testing sheet
- Includes online access to the BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual
- Provides access to all information in online course for 8 months following activation of course key
Content Covered in this course:
BLS HCP Online Part 1 FAQ – OnlineAHAx
Content covered in this course includes:
- Key changes in basic life support science from the 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC:
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The AHA Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR/AED for Adult/Child/Infant
- Differences between Adult, Child and Infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for Adult, Child and Infant
- Rescue breathing for Adult, Child and Infant
- Relief of choking for Adult, Child and Infant
- CPR with an advanced airway
- After completion of this course, an in person skills session is required. This skills session takes approximately 90 minutes and can be taken with any authorized AHA instructor.
Skills session sold separately – to purchase skills session with Advantage CPR Instruction you must complete Part One online first at www.onlineaha.org and then TEXT Kristan Mihelic at 775-830-6691 to schedule a skills check at your convenience!